Sunday, September 23, 2007

The adventure begins...

9/23/07 11am

Current Location: Berkeley, CA
Destination: Sacramento, CA
Miles driven: 0

FINALLY!!! Big Bertha (that's my truck, in case you haven't caught on) is ready and we are hitting the road! She and I have been through a lot last couple of weeks getting ready for the trip. Just to give y'all an idea of how massive she is, I have included a pic of her next to Tommy's honda. She is a lot of woman...let me tell ya. Well, wish us luck and I'll keep you all updated on our adventure and mishaps through this blog.


That's about 115 gallons of waste vegetable oil (WVO from now on) in the cab section of Big Bertha. She's carrying a lot of junk in her trunk and still running strong. What a woman!

That's the inside of my home for the next 3 months. It's a bit hard to see but it's got everything I need. A queen size bed, stove, oven, fridge, wall heater, shower, shitter, table, couch that folds out to another bed. It's a 1967 El Dorado camper...OLD SCHOOL BABY! Everything works and is in a great shape except for ONE small leak that happens to be right over my bed. Of course...it HAS TO BE right over my head. Pretty easy fix though. It would be no fun if everything was perfect...










That's me filling up Bertha's tank with WVO last night. My back tank is full of biodiesel which is also made from WVO. Not a single drop of petroleum based fuel in Bertha. She's big, she's tough, she's a hippie....I DIG IT! No more global warming, no more dependency on oil, no contribution to $26 billion/month petroleum-related trade deficit, no more reason for atrocities like Gulf war and Iraq war, and recycling of waste material. God, I'm such a fuckin' hippie.


http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2006/09/oil_prices_and_.html

3 comments:

sarah said...

way to go, woong

Carl said...

wooo wooo! rock that big ol' lady across the country.

Kate said...

tell me you made it past San Francisco...